Monthly or Bi-Monthly Ostomy Shipments?

This year has been a wild ride.  Many people say this but with 2020 being almost over we have lived through a full-on pandemic and an economic collapse.  It has been a hard time for many Americans and people around the world and it has taught us many different lessons.  I am completely shocked at how we have seen our economy stop at times and how many things have not happened.  Shipping and having products even made has at times stopped for many different products that many of us use daily.  We have seen the fear of pandemics and the rules and regulations shut down things.  I know that many people have lots of medical issues and needs and I personally have a stoma.  For myself, I am working on ways to stay safer and for ways to make sure that even if things go wrong by riots or the economy again that I will not be left behind and be hurt by not having enough gear.

 


The reason I am even talking about this is that this year I have seen many people across our country run into a lack of supplies.  It is simply difficult to think about not being able to be safe and have supplies for my stoma.  I honestly was a bit afraid that I was going to be a victim of our economy and the criminal activity that occurred earlier in the year.  I was really scared because my local stores were destroyed that allowed me to get local ostomy gear.  But that option was gone and I was left with only the possibility of delivery.  Traveling with the riots and looting was simply not an option.  This left me with a bit of a scare because I normally get a one-month shipment that takes care of all my gear.  I was luckily halfway through when this happened.

 


Now, I think it is important to be safe most of all.  I think that I need to be safe and I don't want the anxiety of possibly not having enough ostomy supplies for me to live happily, safely, and without fear.  This is what being an American is about and by getting my supplies within a month period I am not sure I am able to do so.  I think that I need to start getting two-month shipments every single month so I can backstock gear that I can use and keep myself safe for several months.  That is what I have done for the last few months and now I am able to get 2 months of gear in my possession extra in case this happens again. 

 


But now that I have two months of the extra gear I think I am going to simply move back to just in time but get it every two months as well. I think this will keep me able to be safe during this crazy time and if shipping stops again I will be ok for up to 4 months at a time.  That is my goal and now that is what I actually have on hand for my bi-monthly shipment.  This is really my favorite plan and every two months I will now get my shipment and it works for a good long haul. So give this a thought.


Comments